What is involved in Nosql
Find out what the related areas are that Nosql connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Nosql thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Nosql journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Nosql leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Nosql related domains to cover and 111 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Nosql, Faceted search, Armstrong’s axioms, Transaction log, Microsoft Azure, Candidate key, Comparison of object database management systems, Structured storage, Resource Description Framework, Transaction processing, Amazon DynamoDB, IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale, Database storage structures, Key-value database, Apache Ignite, Pick database, Query optimization, Amazon SimpleDB, TIBCO Software, Cosmos DB, Aerospike database, Lightning Memory-Mapped Database, Write-ahead logging, Apache Accumulo, Stored procedure, Concurrency control, Database transaction, IEEE Computer, Real-time web, Northgate Information Solutions, Object-relational database, Virtuoso Universal Server, Relational database, XQuery API for Java, Schema-agnostic databases, Rocket Software, Data retrieval:
Nosql Critical Criteria:
Reason over Nosql decisions and correct Nosql management by competencies.
– Are NoSQL databases used primarily for applications or are they used in Business Intelligence use cases as well?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Nosql processes?
– What will drive Nosql change?
– What are current Nosql Paradigms?
Faceted search Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Faceted search governance and revise understanding of Faceted search architectures.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Nosql? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Nosql ?
– Can we do Nosql without complex (expensive) analysis?
Armstrong’s axioms Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Armstrong’s axioms leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Armstrong’s axioms strategies.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Nosql delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is maximizing Nosql protection the same as minimizing Nosql loss?
– What about Nosql Analysis of results?
Transaction log Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Transaction log decisions and oversee Transaction log management by competencies.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Nosql leader?
– Have you identified your Nosql key performance indicators?
– How can you measure Nosql in a systematic way?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Participate in Microsoft Azure decisions and correct Microsoft Azure management by competencies.
– Do those selected for the Nosql team have a good general understanding of what Nosql is all about?
– What are the usability implications of Nosql actions?
Candidate key Critical Criteria:
Sort Candidate key decisions and correct Candidate key management by competencies.
– How do we Identify specific Nosql investment and emerging trends?
– What are the barriers to increased Nosql production?
Comparison of object database management systems Critical Criteria:
Map Comparison of object database management systems issues and cater for concise Comparison of object database management systems education.
– Does Nosql create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we Lead with Nosql in Mind?
– Is the scope of Nosql defined?
Structured storage Critical Criteria:
Examine Structured storage strategies and maintain Structured storage for success.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Nosql. How do we gain traction?
– Do we all define Nosql in the same way?
– Are there recognized Nosql problems?
Resource Description Framework Critical Criteria:
Focus on Resource Description Framework strategies and probe Resource Description Framework strategic alliances.
– Think about the people you identified for your Nosql project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Nosql products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do Nosql rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Transaction processing Critical Criteria:
Sort Transaction processing leadership and test out new things.
– Who will provide the final approval of Nosql deliverables?
– Have all basic functions of Nosql been defined?
Amazon DynamoDB Critical Criteria:
Confer re Amazon DynamoDB decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Amazon DynamoDB projects.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Nosql services/products?
– When a Nosql manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What is Effective Nosql?
IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Critical Criteria:
Reason over IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale goals and stake your claim.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Nosql project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Nosql project lifecycle?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Nosql values?
– Is Supporting Nosql documentation required?
Database storage structures Critical Criteria:
Judge Database storage structures issues and adopt an insight outlook.
– Will Nosql have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Nosql requirements in detail?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Nosql activities?
Key-value database Critical Criteria:
Confer re Key-value database decisions and explain and analyze the challenges of Key-value database.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Nosql?
– Does our organization need more Nosql education?
Apache Ignite Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Apache Ignite strategies and achieve a single Apache Ignite view and bringing data together.
– What are the disruptive Nosql technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How will you know that the Nosql project has been successful?
– How can skill-level changes improve Nosql?
Pick database Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Pick database visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Pick database is getting what it needs.
– Think about the functions involved in your Nosql project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Nosql process?
– Is Nosql Required?
Query optimization Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Query optimization visions and pay attention to the small things.
– How likely is the current Nosql plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How to deal with Nosql Changes?
Amazon SimpleDB Critical Criteria:
Boost Amazon SimpleDB planning and stake your claim.
– Do we monitor the Nosql decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Nosql study?
TIBCO Software Critical Criteria:
Understand TIBCO Software adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in TIBCO Software because they lack skills.
– What are the key elements of your Nosql performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is the source of the strategies for Nosql strengthening and reform?
Cosmos DB Critical Criteria:
Canvass Cosmos DB decisions and handle a jump-start course to Cosmos DB.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Nosql workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Nosql processes of our organization?
– What business benefits will Nosql goals deliver if achieved?
Aerospike database Critical Criteria:
Audit Aerospike database quality and attract Aerospike database skills.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Nosql in a volatile global economy?
– How important is Nosql to the user organizations mission?
– What are internal and external Nosql relations?
Lightning Memory-Mapped Database Critical Criteria:
Confer re Lightning Memory-Mapped Database management and give examples utilizing a core of simple Lightning Memory-Mapped Database skills.
– How do we go about Comparing Nosql approaches/solutions?
– Do we have past Nosql Successes?
Write-ahead logging Critical Criteria:
Align Write-ahead logging strategies and report on setting up Write-ahead logging without losing ground.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Nosql with what users do day-to-day?
Apache Accumulo Critical Criteria:
Focus on Apache Accumulo tasks and describe which business rules are needed as Apache Accumulo interface.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Nosql strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How would one define Nosql leadership?
Stored procedure Critical Criteria:
Audit Stored procedure leadership and pay attention to the small things.
– How will you measure your Nosql effectiveness?
Concurrency control Critical Criteria:
Map Concurrency control quality and ask questions.
– Consider your own Nosql project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Nosql project manager?
– How much does Nosql help?
Database transaction Critical Criteria:
Explore Database transaction decisions and pioneer acquisition of Database transaction systems.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Nosql?
IEEE Computer Critical Criteria:
Consider IEEE Computer planning and differentiate in coordinating IEEE Computer.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Nosql objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Nosql been identified and analyzed?
Real-time web Critical Criteria:
Probe Real-time web management and stake your claim.
– Can we add value to the current Nosql decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Nosql, including any consulting or professional services?
Northgate Information Solutions Critical Criteria:
Chat re Northgate Information Solutions leadership and finalize the present value of growth of Northgate Information Solutions.
– Do the Nosql decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Object-relational database Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Object-relational database results and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Object-relational database projects.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Nosql project?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Nosql move?
Virtuoso Universal Server Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Virtuoso Universal Server governance and shift your focus.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Nosql project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What is the purpose of Nosql in relation to the mission?
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Deduce Relational database adoptions and get the big picture.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– What are our needs in relation to Nosql skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
XQuery API for Java Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over XQuery API for Java management and catalog what business benefits will XQuery API for Java goals deliver if achieved.
– How do we measure improved Nosql service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are assumptions made in Nosql stated explicitly?
Schema-agnostic databases Critical Criteria:
Examine Schema-agnostic databases results and ask questions.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Nosql experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does the Nosql task fit the clients priorities?
Rocket Software Critical Criteria:
Chart Rocket Software risks and develop and take control of the Rocket Software initiative.
– What threat is Nosql addressing?
Data retrieval Critical Criteria:
Value Data retrieval planning and know what your objective is.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Nosql agendas for the next 3 years?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Nosql Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Nosql External links:
NoSQL – Online Courses, Classes, Training, Tutorials on …
Performance tips – Azure Cosmos DB NoSQL | Microsoft …
What is NoSQL? – Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Faceted search External links:
Plimpton & Hills – Faceted Search
database – What is faceted search? – Stack Overflow
EasySearch – faceted search for EPiServer – YouTube
Armstrong’s axioms External links:
Armstrong’s Axioms – YouTube
[PDF]Functional Dependencies Keys Armstrong’s Axioms
Transaction log External links:
transaction log / history | FileMaker Community
How to: Create a Transaction Log Backup (Transact-SQL)
[PDF]MULTIPLE TRANSACTION LOG – Casino Essentials …
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Training Courses – Microsoft Virtual Academy
Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
Candidate key External links:
Section II: Candidate Key Assessment Forms for Data …
Finding Candidate Key | Database Management System
sql – Superkey, candidate key & primary key – Stack Overflow
Comparison of object database management systems External links:
Comparison of object database management systems | …
Structured storage External links:
ERIC – Structured Storage and Retrieval of SGML …
Designing and Implementing Structured Storage …
Resource Description Framework External links:
Resource Description Framework (RDF) Model and …
RDF – Resource Description Framework – Webopedia
An Introduction to the Resource Description Framework
Transaction processing External links:
Global Leader In Transaction Processing Solutions – Visa DPS
[PDF]Transaction Processing Rules – MasterCard
Transaction Processing: Con…
http://The key to client/server computing. Transaction processing techniques are …
Amazon DynamoDB External links:
Amazon DynamoDB – Official Site
Amazon DynamoDB Accelerator (DAX): DynamoDB Just …
Amazon SimpleDB vs Amazon DynamoDB – Stack Overflow
IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale External links:
Security Vulnerability: IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale …
IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale 6. (eBook, 2009) …
[PDF]Ibm Websphere Extreme Scale 6 – jurlique.store
Database storage structures External links:
Database storage structures
http://Database tables and indexes may be stored on disk in one of a number of forms, including ordered/unordered flat files, ISAM, heap files, hash buckets, or B+ trees. Each form has its own particular advantages and disadvantages. The most commonly used forms are B+ trees and ISAM. Such forms or structures are one aspect of the overall schema used by a database engine to store information.
Managing Database Storage Structures – 11g Release 2 …
Database Storage Structures Flashcards | Quizlet
Key-value database External links:
pickleDB – simple key-value database – pythonhosted.org
6 Answers – Which NoSQL key-value database should I …
Apache Ignite External links:
What Is Apache Ignite? – DZone Big Data
Pick database External links:
APL Systems, Inc. – Multi-Value Pick Database Solutions
pick database free download – SourceForge
.NET and Pick Database D3 – Stack Overflow
Query optimization External links:
Execution plan viewer and query optimization – ApexSQL …
EverSQL – SQL Query Optimization Tool Online
Amazon SimpleDB External links:
Amazon SimpleDB vs Amazon DynamoDB – Stack Overflow
TIBCO Software External links:
TIBCO Software | Meetup Pro
TIBCO Software – Official Site
TIBX Stock Quote – TIBCO Software Inc – Bloomberg Markets
Cosmos DB External links:
Cosmos DB – Microsoft Azure
Database migration tool for Azure Cosmos DB | Microsoft …
Azure Cosmos DB: DocumentDB API in Action – …
Aerospike database External links:
Aerospike Database Platform | Aerospike
Lightning Memory-Mapped Database External links:
LMDB: Lightning Memory-Mapped Database Manager …
Lightning Memory-Mapped Database – WOW.com
Write-ahead logging External links:
database – How to implement Write-Ahead Logging of …
[PDF]Lec 15: Crashes and Recovery: Write-ahead Logging
PostgreSQL: Documentation: 10: 30.2. Write-Ahead Logging (WAL)
Apache Accumulo External links:
An introduction to Apache Accumulo – YouTube
Apache Accumulo 1.6.3
Stored procedure External links:
sql – What is a stored procedure? – Stack Overflow
Concurrency control External links:
Types of Concurrency Control – technet.microsoft.com
Concurrency Control – Database Management
Database: What is Multiversion Concurrency Control …
Database transaction External links:
Database transaction log file has grown very large (SL2357)
concurrency – What is a database transaction? – Stack Overflow
The SQL Server database transaction log file does not …
IEEE Computer External links:
IEEE Computer Society e-Government STC – Google Sites
IEEE Computer Society – Official Site
Real-time web External links:
Himawari-8 Real-time Web – NICT
Rig Vision Real-Time Web Monitoring – Oilfield Instrumentation
Northgate Information Solutions External links:
Northgate Information Solutions Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Object-relational database External links:
[PDF]Chapter 9: Object-Relational Databases
[0906.3112v1] Object-Relational Database …
Virtuoso Universal Server External links:
AWS Marketplace: Virtuoso Universal Server 7.x …
Relational database External links:
Relational Database Model | Database Management | …
RDB: a Relational Database Management System
Relational Databases – ScienceDirect
XQuery API for Java External links:
Using XQuery API for Java to Access Oracle XML DB
XQuery API for Java – revolvy.com
http://www2.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=XQuery API for Java
Schema-agnostic databases External links:
Schema-agnostic databases – Revolvy
Rocket Software External links:
System Dashboard – Rocket.Track by Rocket Software, Inc.
Rocket Software Jobs
Rocket Software Salaries | CareerBliss
Data retrieval External links:
IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) – Federal Student Aid
Omni Data Retrieval, Inc.
IRS Data Retrieval Tool Status | Federal Student Aid